Terms of Service
Terms of Service
The purpose of these Terms of Service is to stipulate the conditions and procedures for using the service on the Internet site (hereinafter “Website”) of SeAH Networks Co., Ltd. (hereinafter the “Company”) provided by the Company and other necessary matters.
Article 1. Purpose
These Terms of Service (hereinafter “the Terms of Service”) are intended to stipulate all matters related to the use of the website service (hereinafter “Service”) provided by SeAH Special Steel Co., Ltd. (hereinafter the “Company”) to its customers and other necessary matters between the Company, which manages the website (hereinafter “Website”) of SeAH Special Steel Co., Ltd., and the customers.
Article 2. Effectiveness and Change of the Terms of Service
(1) The Terms of Service become effective when they are published online on the website (www.seahmetal.co.kr), and if reasonable grounds arise, they may be revised to the extent that they do not violate the following laws: the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc., the Act on Regulation of Terms and Conditions, the Framework Act on Electronic Documents and Electronic Transactions, the Electronic Financial Transactions Act, the Electronic Signature Act, the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc., the Act on Door-to-Door Sales, etc., the Framework Act on Consumers, etc. The revised Terms of Service take effect when they are published online, and any revisions to important regulations, such as customer rights or obligations, are announced or notified to members 30 days prior to the effective date.
(2) Customers may cancel their subscription after receiving the announcement or notice of change in the Terms of Service. If they access the website three or more times without expressing their intention to cancel their subscription after receiving the announcement or notice of change in the Terms of Service, they are deemed to have confirmed and agreed to the change. The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by customers due to lack of information about changed Terms of Service.
Article 3. Rules Other Than Terms of Service
(1) The Terms of Service are applied together with the usage guidelines for individual services provided by the Company (hereinafter “Service-Specific Guidelines”).
(2) Matters not specified in the Terms of Service shall be governed by relevant laws such as the Telecommunications Business Act and the purpose of guidance for each service.
Article 4. Definitions of Terms
(1) The definitions of terms used in the Terms of Service are as follows:
A. “Customer” refers to a user who accesses the website and uses the services provided by the website in accordance with the Terms of Service.
B. “Terminal” refers to a personal computer, modem, etc. installed by the customer to use the services provided by the Company.
C. “Service” refers to all services such as Electronic Purchasing System provided by the Company to customers on the website.
(2) Except as provided in Paragraph 1, the definitions of terms used in the Terms of Service shall be governed by relevant laws and service guidance.
Article 5. Provision and Change of Services
“Company” provides the following services to “Customers”:
① Electronic Purchasing System service
② Ethical Management Center service
③ Web Test Report service
④ All other services developed by the company itself or provided through cooperation agreements with other companies
Article 6 Establishment and Suspension of Service Agreement
1. The service agreement is established when the customer fills out the registration form on the website to apply for membership expressing his/her intention to agree to the Terms of Service, and the Company approves the customer's application for use.
2. The Company may withhold approval if a technical failure occurs that prevents the Company from providing the service.
3. The Company may withdraw or refuse approval of the Agreement in the following cases.
① If false member information is provided
② In case of applying for membership by using someone else's name
③ When it is fully recognized that there is a risk of violating public order or sound morals.
④ When it is fully recognized that the customer may engage in inappropriate behavior.
Article 7 Personal information protection and use
In addition, the Company shall not be responsible for any information that is exposed due to reasons attributable to the customer.
Article 8 Withdrawal of Membership, Loss of Qualification, etc.
(1) Customers may request withdrawal at any time on the website, and the Company shall process membership withdrawal immediately after their request.
(2) If a customer falls under any of the following reasons, the Company may limit, withdraw, or suspend his/her membership without prior notice.
① If any false information is provided when applying for use.
② In the case of using our website to act against the law or the Terms of Service, or against public order and morals.
③ In the case of interfering with the operation of our website or others' use of the website through various illegal means.
④ In the case of posting illegal posts that infringe on other people’s rights, etc.
⑤ In the case of commercial use or publication of the information obtained through the services provided by the Company without a prior approval of the Company.
Article 9 Obligations of the Company
(1) The Company must ensure that the customer can use the service on the service start date desired by the customer, unless there are special circumstances.
(2) In order to provide continuous and stable service, the Company will repair or restore equipment without delay when there is a problem or loss of equipment, unless there are unavoidable reasons.
(4) If the company objectively recognizes that an opinion or complaint raised by a customer is justified, it must immediately process it through appropriate procedures. However, if immediate processing is difficult, the customer must be notified of the reason and processing schedule.
Article 10 Service Use Time
(1) Services are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year unless there is a special problem with the Company's business or technology. However, the Company may temporarily suspend the service on a day or time designated by the Company for regular system inspection, expansion, and replacement. Any temporary suspension of service due to scheduled work will be announced in advance through the website.
(2) Notwithstanding Paragraph (1), the Company may temporarily suspend the service without notice in case of unavoidable urgent reasons such as urgent system inspection, expansion, or replacement, and may completely discontinue the Service currently provided for reasons deemed appropriate such as replacement with a new Service. However, in this case, the reason and period will be notified to the customer in advance or after the fact.
(3) The Company may limit or suspend all or part of the Service if normal service provision is impossible due to a national emergency, power outage, failure in service system, or service overload, etc. However, in this case, the reason and period will be notified to the customer in advance or after the fact.
(4) If the service is interrupted due to reasons beyond the company's control (disk failure without intention or negligence of the system administrator, system down, etc.), advance notice will not be available. In addition, if the system is interrupted due to the intention or negligence of a third party (PC communication companies, key telecommunications carriers, etc.), it will not be notified.
(5) The company may divide the service into specific ranges and allocate available time for each range separately. However, in this case, the company will announce the details in advance.
Article 11 Provision of information
(1) If it is deemed necessary to use the Company's services, the Company may provide various types of information to the customer by means of e-mail or postal mail.
Article 12 Compensation for Damages
Article 13 Disclaimer
(1) The Company shall not be responsible for providing services where it is impossible to continue business due to natural disasters, war, or other equivalent force majeure.
(2) The Company shall not be liable for any damage caused by the interruption or failure of telecommunications services provided by the key telecommunications carriers.
(3) The Company shall not be responsible for damages caused by unavoidable reasons such as repair, replacement, regular inspection, or construction of service equipment.
(4) The Company shall not be responsible for any disruption or damage to the use of the service due to reasons attributable to the customer.
(5) The Company shall not be liable if damage occurs due to a customer's computer error or the inaccurate personal information or e-mail address provided by the customer.
(6) The Company shall not be liable for any damage caused by the customer's loss of profits or failure to obtain expected profits from using the Company's service.
(7) The Company shall not be liable for any damage caused by the data obtained by the customer while using the service. Additionally, the Company shall not be liable for customers’ psychological damage caused by other customers while using the service.
(8) The Company shall not be responsible for the reliability or accuracy of various information, data, or facts posted on the service by customers.
(9) The Company has no obligation to intervene in disputes that arise between customers or between customers and a third party through the service, and is not responsible for compensating for any damage caused by this.
(10) The Company shall not be liable for any damage related to the use of services provided free of charge to customers.
Article 14 Linked Sites
(1) The Company may provide customers with links to other companies' websites or materials. In this case, since the Company has no control over such external services or materials, it should not guarantee or be responsible for usefulness of the services or materials the customers receive from them.
Article 15 Jurisdiction and Governing Law
(1) Matters not specified in the Terms of Service are subject to relevant laws and commercial practices, such as the Telecommunications Business Act and the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.
(2) The laws of the Republic of Korea shall apply to disputes arising from the use of the service, and related lawsuits shall be filed in the Seoul Western District Court.
(1) The Terms of Service is effective from Februery 1, 2023.